Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Construction!!

The fifth graders always have a Timeline Dance at the end of the year.  They learn dances from all the decades starting with the Virginia Reel.  They have partners for that and some waltzes.  They get to dress up for any decade they want.  Also, the parents are invited to come watch and join in.  I am always involved in decorating and planning for it.  With Chase, I dressed up in my 80's cheerleading outfit and was the MC.  For Parker, I was over the refreshments so I dressed up as a car hop, skates and all.  This year they wanted me to MC again.  Kenn brought me his outfit again and Mallory dressed to match
I still got it!


School is over and construction has started.  We are moving right along.  Here are the pics

This is our bedroom with the new wall.
old wall removed, hello 8 more feet!
free labor
Starting demo in the family room.  This one was harder than the bedroom
new french doors. Parker doing some finish up work.
               In the demolition process one of the electrical cords were cut so we did not have power to one side of the house.  Abigail thought she needed to eat her breakfast with a flash light.  Like she couldn't see to the bottom of the bowl.
Parker and his brother.  We shaved Malta to get him good and clean.  A new, fresh start.  It was like we stripped him of his manhood or something!  He was depressed for days.
                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. You seriously have to be the funnest mom EVER! And you totally rocked that outfit! I hope I can be a fun mom like you one day, I really look up to you.
    Your house construction is looking awesome! I bet you will be so happy when its done!

    ReplyDelete