Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Love to all!  We had a good day.  We ended it with a heart shaped pizza a watching Wes' city league basketball game.  Woohoo!  The fifth grade had an etiquette dinner.  They all had to dress up.  They learned how to set a table and lots of other manners.  Mallory thought it was weird.  The boys had to serve the girls dinner and the girls served dessert.  Mallory was asked by some fifth grade boy to be his Valentine.  She said yes.  Whatever.  I think Parker asked some girl to be his.  Chase and I just don't get it, and you know if Chase and I do not get it, Wes really doesn't get it.
Are these not the cutest Valentines you ever saw.  They were matchy.
They wore their white high heels.  Abigails started to hurt so I had to bring her "nylons".  They are the cut off ones you use in the store to try on shoes with.  Well Abigail wears hers to church!
This is Mallorys team.  They ended up with a tie game.  They improved so much!
Parker had a soccer game on Saturday after his last basketball game.  The basketball game went great.  Only five kids showed up which was not good because we were planning on leaving at half to make it to Mesquite for the soccer game.  I let him play into the second half and was going to leave but we were winning and they had loud mouth parents.  So we stayed the whole game and won!  It was great.  Then we flew to Mesquite and made it just after it started.  Parker played a bunch and made a goal. 
Chase's season has not been the greatest.  They have really struggled.  Tonight they proved to themselves that they can do it and they have the talent.  They played Dixie tonight and trailed the whole game.  Again they were lifeless and with noone taking critical shots.  With 5 minutes left they were around 10 point behind.  They came back with FIRE and DETERMINATION and won!  It was so awesome!  They played like themselves.  Chase had 7 points in the last 5 minutes.  They were so excited.  Chase is so high right now.  When he comes down he is going to be dead.
Totally Excited!
It was a good win and I hope it helps their self confidence.  They are great boys and I am so happy for them.
I love to see them do well and hope they can do it again on Friday.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the many successful sporting ventures! And I hope Chase's team kicks butt this next game!
    And just for the record, I don't get the whole Valentine thing either.

    ReplyDelete