Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm the Master and staying out of Jail!!!

Mallory and Abigail did a fashion show.  Abigail dressed herself and Mallory judged her.  This is the result.
      As you can tell I am in trouble!  I don't know where she comes up with these poses.  And don't you love my shoes!  Can you picture her at 15 in this outfit!  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  At dinner yesterday, the kids were all talking about what they wanted to be when they grow up.  Chase wants to be a pediatrician or a sports medicine guy.  Parker wants to be a chiropractor.  He loves to practice on everyone.  Mallory said she wants to do hair.  Wes looked at Abigail and said, "I just hope you stay out of jail!"  I hope that doesn't sound bad.  She really is a sweet, fun child.

This last weekend we had the opportunity of having Wes' sister, Angie and her husband, Eric, and their daughter Kate come visit us.  We loved having them here.  Sunday was Angie's birthday, so Wes made a yummy turkey dinner.  Eric did dessert and then we sang out hearts out.  They have never experienced the Jenkins singing along with Malta the dog.  He howled terribly as always.
Happy Birthday to Chang!!!!!

On Chases first high school sports over nighter we learned a valuable lesson as parents.  Let me explain.  There were leaving Thurday afternoon and wouldn't be back until Friday night late.  Well, I packed him a small cooler with drinks, a few candy bars, string cheese and lots of fruit.  Thats just for snacks.  He was going to be gone for 4 meals and I wanted to make sure he had enough money.  Wes told me fifteen.  I did not agree with that. Chase eats a lot.  I sent him with $30.  Ya, I am a big idiot!  Can you say "enabler".  I admit, sometimes I am.  I really try not to be but that side of me just comes out.  Anyways, they went up early so they could go to the mall.  I told Chase my money was for food and his goes to any shopping he may do. SUCKER!  Well he bought 2 pairs of earphones. Two...  Whatever.
The Men trying out the Boys toys

On Saturday Wes, Chase, Parker and I ran a 5k.  It was fun and everyone did really well.  Chase and Parker took 1st and 2nd in the 12-14 age group.  Wes took 3rd in his and I took first in the women 40-44.  Sweet! we get awards!  So I made sure we stayed to get our awards.  They did the Mens overall winner.  He got a big cow bell ( it was swiss days ).  and also $100 gift card to the Running store.  The overall Womens got the same.  Then they called up the Mens Master.  He was in his fifties.  I was asking Wes what the Masters was when they called JILLIAN JENKINS.  What? What for?  it's not my age group yet.  I was walking up and they were announcing my time (which was awesome, if I say so myself) and also announced my $100 gift card.   Sweet!!  I walked back and asked Wes what I got it for.  I guess the Masters is 40 and older.  I was the fasted old woman!  I was the youngest, fastest ,old Woman.  Who cares, I get a new pair of $100 dollar running shoes!
(Chase got a $15 gift card)
Thanks to all of you who read about our crazy life.  It really gives me a reason to take pictures and think about our life during the week.  We are busy but we have fun.  I just wish I could remember the
 stories and words of wisdom I think about.  Oh well, I am the Master!
                                                                            

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Jenkins!! Especially the Youngest Fastest Old Woman on the Planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up and you are in big trouble with that youngest of yours. And yes you are an enabler. I thought I taught you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You crack me up! I am glad to hear you are the Master! I'm not surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill: Go do the Boston Marathon! When will you ever have a chance to say you did that again? Go do it and I'll come with you and have a shopping marathon. Meet you at the finish line with my bags!

    ReplyDelete