Tuesday, October 5, 2010

26.2 and 50 Wedding Anniversaries

This weekend I finished my 6th marathon.  Five St. George and 1 Death Valley.  Wes finished his third St. George.  Wes and I did all our training together this year.  We pushed each other and at times either one could be kicking the others can.  But on marathon day we travelled through pretty much together.  We finished in 3 hours and 49 minutes with some seconds in between us.  It was a total accomplishment.  The last few miles we really struggled.  I am sure you have heard about 'the wall."  Well we hit it!  It was survival after that. Wes' brother and sister and their families were here to cheer us on.  The brought over our kids and we at mile 23.  That is always a boost because right aroung there is when I am struggling.  Wes, my sweet husband, got me through.  The tears came early this year and he kept me going.  It's kind of like life.  You start out thinking this is no sweat.  Then the trials come.  You have to push through and keep going.  Tears, they are allowed!  Hopefully you have someone to put their arm around you and tell you it's ok.  Keep going.  At the end you are grateful for the experience but are so relieved it's over.  You grab your popsicle and sit on the ground and think Wow, I just did that!

After the marathon we booked it to family party.  We usually have a big extended family party each year around Christmas.  This year it worked out to be this weekend.  My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in September so we thought we would incorporate that into the party.  We surprised them.  It was fun.  We just hope they know how much we love them!

On the way home that night, ( this was an incredibly long day that started at 3:20 a.m. ) we blew a tire on the highway.  Thankfully Wes was driving.  It was dark on the side of the road.  We didn't have a flash light so we used Parkers Nintendo DS for light.  Those semi's were coming fast and Mallory was beside herself.  Chase got the camera and captured the moment.

Lastly, this weekend has brought rain.  Most of the time we are not here when it rains and it makes me mad!  Monday it rained most of the day and with it thunder and lightning.  Loud thunder!  It was awesome.  Of course me kids go wild when it rains and then they all end up in my bed at night with the thunder and lightning.  Good thing Wes is out of town.  I slept in Mallorys bed last night because they were all in mine! including Chase.  He just likes to be where the party is.
Playing in the gutter

Chase being Chase!
                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. You guys inspire me, just wish I could run in a mile race but wouldn't make it I don't think. Although you made me cry with your words of wisdom my friend. This has been a year of years for me in the trial department and I have hit the wall as you talked about, and I have so felt the love of the Savior wrapped around me lifting me back up on my feet and helping each day to get through. Thanks for reminding me others struggle as well . You guys have such a cute family, can't believe how they are all growing up to fast. Those girls are too pretty, watch out remember the Annie days there coming your way my friend. Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are amazing!!!! Good job on yet another marathon!!! I loved reading the story. Sorry about the car tire issue..no fun at all. Glad you had Wes there with you. Love the rain pics too!

    ReplyDelete