Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No wonder my brain is FRIED!

This past week we were having a discussion about who knows what at the dinner table.  The question came up of when Thanksgiving was.  My children have no idea!  Chase thought it was on a Saturday!  The others just plain did not know.  What are they learning in school?!  Actually, it's probably just my kids.  Parker went to his first boy/girl  'hang out do night games' thing.  The address was to a 111 _______ Dr.  He kept explaining it and I finally caught on when he was telling his dad where it was.  He was saying 111 ______ Doctor.  I was walking through the room and said it''s DRIVE you idiot!  Nice mom moment.  He said it to his friend later and his friend started laughing.  Now it's the big joke.  You think by 12 years old you would know how to read an address, or know what day of the week Thanksgiving is on.  He should have been born a blonde!

The past few weeks we have started construction on the project of expanding our house.  It is not going real fast but I guess that what we get when we are trying to do a lot ourselves to save money.  We are going out the back of our house which will make the great room bigger, give us a small storage room and make our room bigger.  We had to bust out our back porch to repour the foundation.  We thought it would be great to have Chase sledge hammer it!  Well, a guy in our ward who owns a construction company, scoffed at Wes and let us borrow his jackhammer and big compressor.  That was a life saver because as we got into it the cement was major thick. Chase never had a chance.  The funny part though was watching Wes try to figure out how to do it.  Nobody listens to me as usual.  He started that thing up and drilled it straight down through the cement into the ground.  He couldn't get it out.  The older gentleman from across the street came over to check on Wes.  He was completely irritated at Wes!  It was so funny.  He grabbed that jackhammer away from Wes and gave him a lesson.  That was after they worked it out of the ground.
This is cutting the cement.

Given a Lesson!

Attempting it himself.  I just sat to the side and laughed and laughed.  I needed a comedy moment.  But he did get good at it.  Thanks to the jackhammer it did not take long to bust it all out.

Cheap Labor!

Compacting the ground.  Thank goodness for good friends who have big tools!
Now just waiting to pour.

This is my other brilliant son.  He made the Freshman basketball team this past week.  He was completely panicked that he would not make it and did not know what he was going to do with the rest of his life.{focus on your education!}  We are proud of him though.  He has worked very hard to improve himself.  We went to the parents meeting for all the high school basketball teams.  I was the shortest one in there.  I mean by far!  I was so far out of place.  It was totally intimidating!  I sure hope this boy grows or he better be one heck of a ball player.

This picture was just sent to me by one of the counselors in the bishopric.  This was after church on Sunday.  Ya, I am a proud mom.  Here is my future missionary.  Pray for me!
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment