In the fifth grade the kids do the Give me Liberty program. They have to memorize all these things to do with America. In this is all the states and capitals in order, all the presidents in order and the Gettysburg address. Mallory did pass off everything and got her tshirt and trophy. Not without tears I will have you know. The Gettysburg address and about put her over the edge, literally. But she did it and I am so proud. They put on a nice program and present all they learned.
She had a speaking part as a woman named Mercy Warren.Receiving her trophy from her teacher.
Next, Happy 13th Birthday to Parker. I have two teenagers now! I hope I make it through this. We told Parker on Chase's birthday, in November, that he could have a party. He started making his invite list right away. Soon there were 30-40 kids on that list! and it wasn't even Christmas yet! We let him plan for the week after his birthday. (his bday is always on spring break). His dad looked at the list and told him to narrow it to 10 girls and 10 boys. I think a few more were invited. Wes wanted to plan games again. (someday he will get it) Parker had is all planned specifically. Ping pong and Wii in the garage, corn hole and trampoline in back and a fire with dogs and smores. Also, movie if needed. It started out rough but in the end it was great. The sun goes down and they all gravitate to the fire and everything is fine. Only, I bought tons of food and no girls ate any! Thats the difference between 13 year old girls and 15 year old girls. It all worked out because the next night Chase had his friends over to the fire and had a lot of food.
How can you not love this picture? for many reasons.
This is the winner in the gift department. New Vans!
Oh yes, we have had Jimmer Fever!
March madness in our house is true MADNESS. I can't just say that about the others. I love to watch those games that come down to the wire and buzzer beaters. Love it when the big guys go down. The best part this year is that it started over spring break so Chase could sit and watch it.
Tough Life! We flew our BYU flag proudly and whooped and yelled during every good thing they did. We drove around the neighborhood and honked and yelled when they beat Gonzaga, And had a get together when they played Florida. Guess we jinxed it with that! But we are proud of the Cougars and love Jimmer. Wes will get over it in a few months.
She is so weird! Having a cookout as usual with our beloved, inherited stove.
Abigail and her friends chillin' in my bed watching cartoons and eating apples.
We have had some changes in our family life in the past couple of weeks. Wes was put in the Bishopric. That totally surprised us all! Abigail asked if he was the Prophet. Not yet! So we see less of him these days with that and with work. Also, spring sports are in full swing. Mallory will be playing softball, she and Abigail are taking swimming lessons right now, Parker is playing soccer and made one of the 7th grade border league basketball teams (who knew), and Chase is running track. I stood at the track meet all day saturday in the rain. It was freezing!!!!! Then we went to Parkers soccer game that Wes was at and froze in the rain. Greatful for the rain, but also greatful for the big umbrella I inherited. Me, I have become extremely lazy lately. I cannot get up at 5:30 anymore and run or go to the gym. I just don't want too. Thanks goodness most of my classes at the gym go again later. I am just burned out these days. I need something new to get me fired up. I think I might have that. Tell you later.



Adorable pics!! The one of Wes yawning with Parker smurking and Mallory kissing him is so funny! I am so curious about this "something new to get me fired up"! You must tell...at least tell me:)
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm totally not surprised about Wes being in the bishopric. I'm sure he will be great! I can't believe Parker is 13! Crazy! I remember when he was born! I'm getting old I guess...
ReplyDelete